Air conditioning Repairs
If you think that you’ve had a bad day, imagine your air conditioner breaking down during those long hot summers. With regular servicing, you can always ensure that your air conditioner remains in a good working condition. Such servicing routines mean that your air conditioner will serve toasty warm during winter and a blend of refreshing cool in summer effectively.
However, there are times you may need repairs from a reliable dealer like the Bradford Air & Heating Company. You may want to fix the condenser, the evaporator, the capacitor or just recharge the refrigerant of the air conditioning unit. The Bradford Air & Heating Company has a team of professionals that will ensure you fully enjoy quiet operations, dependable performance, and energy efficiency by handling the precise controls of temperature.
That means you will have to invest a few dollars to do repairs when need be. In that case, if you are looking forward to economical, timely and professionally done repairs, this article will take you through a few facts that you should know. A good HVAC professional will never leave your doorstep until all your air conditioning issues are resolved!
Signs that you may need to repair your air conditioner
- When it stops to work; before deciding to call a professional to come assist you in checking on your air conditioner, there are a few things you can try checking by yourself. You may find that the solution is quite easy. Check if the thermostat is set to cool. Try confirming if your desired temperature is actually less than the temperature in your home or room.
If you find that everything in this section works correctly, try looking for a tripped breaker at the electrical panel. If everything checks out, then it is time to call for your AC repair specialist.
- If the unit keeps running but there is no or very little air coming out of the air conditioner’s vents; if you find out that your thermostat is set correctly but there is still too much warmth in the house, then you need a climate control specialist from Bradford Air & Heating Company.
- You keep hearing strange sounds; if you have used the machine for quite some time, you are familiar with its sound when it is working normally. In fact, the sounds it makes forms part of your daily life music since it’s usually very steady. But if you keep getting stranger sounds that you’ve never heard before, there might be something wrong with your air conditioner.
- When the air conditioner starts emitting a bad odor; most times, bad smells coming from the air conditioner are a sign of dirt, mildew or mold which I must admit are quite a nuisance to anyone. The bad smell may fill up your entire home if you are not cautious about it. This is usually an indicator of something wrong in your air conditioner. It is high time for you to contact the Bradford Air & Heating Company for AC repairs.
- If your machine has short cycles; it is perfectly normal for your air conditioning to go on and off just to be able to maintain a steady temperature in your home. When the temperature goes beyond the stated limit, it may go off to maintain it and on whenever there is a huge variation from the set temperature. This shouldn’t worry you at all. However, these cycles are not meant to be short.
That is why, if you notice your air conditioner keeps going on and off more than usual, there might be a problem in the cycling system of your machine. The short cycles in your machine will end up putting a lot of stress to its system which may lead to the eventual breakdown of the entire unit. This is a very good reason to call Bradford Air & Heating Company to come and check your climate control machine.
- Water leaks around your Air conditioner; most times, you may find a small condensation around your machine. This is quite normal and there is no need to get alarmed. On the other hand, excessive water condensation around the unit can be problematic. As we all know, water can result in damage to electrical appliances if not carefully handled. Therefore, if you notice excessive water, you will need to contact Bradford Air & Heating Company for HVAC repairs.
- When the air conditioner is frosty or icy; too much frost or ice is also a problem as much as excessive condensation of water is. Most of the times, frost or ice is as a result of blockage of air flow which will, in turn, cause your air conditioner to freeze up.
If you detect any of the above problems in your air conditioner, you can contact a specialist to help you out. Obviously, the only reason you have an air conditioner is for complete comfort. If by any chance you get uncomfortable because of malfunctions in your unit, you can always call Bradford Air & Heating Company for prompt and quality services.
I’m sure it has already crossed your mind that you can try to postpone the repairs at a later date. Well, this can be a good decision but not when it comes to any electronic appliances especially your air conditioner. This is because, if you decide to ignore the minor details, be ready to incur more expenses in future. The more you wait, the more expensive the repairs will get.
Professional AC Repair Services
The most fulfilling thing in the world is having your repairs done by professionals. A company that specializes in the HVAC services will never disappoint, that’s one. Although there is a whole list of handy-man companies out there that claim to do AC repairs, you may want to settle down for a company that specializes with Air conditioning as well as heating services like the Bradford Air & Heating company.
If you own an air conditioner, you will agree with me that such repairs cost quite a fortune. That is the main reason why you should consider working with certified professionals who will provide quality services worth your every dollar.
Here are a few things that will guarantee you that your repairs are being done by HVAC professionals;
- Licensing and Insurance. A legit Air conditioning repair company like Bradford Air & Heating will have its licensing as well as the insurance requirements clearly displayed. Although this may differ according to the regions and states, the background information of the company will tell you a lot about their certification. Check out the repair trucks, marketing pieces, and paperwork to verify such details.
- Pricing and service packages. This applies to both the company and the customers. As much as you are required to make rough estimates of the prices you expect to be charged for the repairs done, a good company should provide an outline of the service packages pricing in writing. They should also include a detailed description of the services offered and some of the materials that will be used during the AC repairs. If you like it done the professional way, Bradford Air & Heating company got you covered on that.
- Familiar with the models. A good company provides experienced and certified HVAC professions who have enough knowledge of the different AC models out there. This eases so much of your work since they will understand the ins and outs of your AC unit and provide the best repairs without missing out on a thing. Bradford Air & Heating company has been in the business for some time now, therefore, they know just what you require to get your air conditioning unit back on
Those are the basic things that indicate the proficiency of a company. however, there are a few other nitty-gritties that may mean a lot to a customer. Things like the overall presentation of the technicians, their courtesy and the overall maintenance of the company’s repair truck. To some extent, some of these things will give you an overall impression of the company that you are trusting with your AC repairs. Actually, it dictates the nature if workmanship you should expect.
Tips to consider in maintaining your Air conditioner
- Change the filter; this is actually one of the simplest and the most effective way of maintaining your unit. You can try changing the filter at least once every month. Through this process, you will be able to reduce the immense stress on your machine. If the filter is dirty, the machine will have to work harder just to maintain its normal functions as compared to it having a clean filter. Changing the filter on a regular basis will increase the life of your unit and it’s also friendly to your budget.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your coils; the fins and coils of your unit on the outside need to be kept clear of any obstructions and absolutely clean. In some instances, debris may accumulate on your AC fins and coils. This will, in the end, cause too much stress on your unit. You can always try to clean up the machine using a broom or garden hose. Don’t use any pressure washer since it may result in the damage of your system due to the strong current. Once in a while clean-up will go a long way in maintaining the life of your air conditioner.
- Trim any surrounding shrubbery; nowadays, most people prefer planting a shrubbery just around their unit to keep it out of sight. If you do this around your unit, you can always try to create some space around your air conditioner so that it has enough room to function properly. Try trimming the shrubbery on a regular basis to maintain the space between.
- Make sure the dryer vent has been angled in a different direction away from your AC unit; the dryer lint sometimes can cause exhaustion to your air conditioner. You can try to change the angle of your dryer just to ensure that the lint doesn’t get through to your vents.
- Change the thermostat setting; if you spend most of your time away from your home. You can change the thermostat setting to a bit higher temperature during the times you won’t be at home. This will help to lessen the work time of your unit during the day and hence will increase the life of your machine.
In addition, you will have a lower utility bill each month therefore, your expenses will, in turn, be reduced. Some of the latest advances in the air conditioner allow you to program your unit so that it can still get cooler every time you get home. That’s cool technology, right? You will be able to increase the life of your machine and at the same time spend less.
- Schedule annual check-ups; the same way you maintain your health; is the same way you should try maintain your equipment. Well, not as regular but at least you get the picture. Schedule annual check-ups with a professional so that he is able to detect most of the problems before they manifest.
I hope you now have a better understanding of how to maintain your air conditioner. Remember, maintenances will help you reduce your bills and the prices of your repairs
Residing in those places with either warmer or colder climates is not an easy thing. Therefore, I bet that an Air Conditioning unit is one of the basic things in your home. This means that the unit needs to be fully functional to maintain a conducive climate in your home. Regular servicing routines ensure that your air conditioner maintains high and quality performance even during those extreme weather conditions.
With the need for constant and timely repairs from a well-trained technician and a certified company like the Bradford Air & Heating company. This will guarantee you the best results if you follow the above-given guidelines on Air Conditioning Repairs. Trust the Bradford Air & Heating with your HVAC issues for exceptional and satisfactory services.