Residential Air Conditioning Service in Livermore & Beyond
Air Conditioning Repair
We don’t have to tell you how hot it gets in Contra Costa County and Alameda County in the summer. Efficient air conditioning is a must. If your AC isn’t working, Bradford Air & Heating can diagnose the problem and offer multiple options for different budgets.
From the thermostat to the condensing unit to the ducts, if it needs repair, Bradford Air & Heating will be there. Different parts have different warranties depending on the brand, but our work is always guaranteed.
Why Call Us for your AC Needs?
- Fully licensed and insured. Our team of heating and air technicians is fully covered and performs all work up to code, so you’ll be covered even in the worst case scenarios.
- Fully experienced and trained. Our technicians have the skills and training to service virtually all kinds of air conditioning systems, from central and forced air systems to window systems, ductless mini-splits, and more.
- Fair, up-front pricing. We take pride in offering accurate, up-front quotes on all work.
- Fully equipped for emergency repairs. Unlike many other air conditioning services, we stock a wide variety of parts for the most common AC repairs. That means we can get your equipment running faster, with less downtime.
- Excellent support. We communicate quickly and often, and our courteous support staff will keep you informed every step of the way, before, during, and after your service call.
- Top rated. Our reviews show how dedicated we are to pleasing every single customer.
We Service Every Kind of Air Conditioning System, and Every Kind of AC Equipment
- Central air and forced air systems
- Ductless mini-split systems
- Commercial AC systems
- Blower motors
- Air handlers
- Ventilation and attic vents
- And more
Signs That You May Need to Repair your Air Conditioner
Before deciding to call a professional repair service to come assist you in checking on your air conditioner, there are a few things you can try checking by yourself. You may find that the solution is quite easy. Check if the thermostat is set to cool. Try confirming if your desired temperature is actually less than the temperature in your home or room.
- If you find that everything in this section works correctly, try looking for a tripped breaker at the electrical panel. If everything checks out, then it is time to call for your AC repair specialist.
- If the unit keeps running but there is no or very little air coming out of the air conditioner’s vents: if you find out that your thermostat is set correctly but there is still too much warmth in the house, then you need a climate control specialist from Bradford Air & Heating Company.
- You keep hearing strange sounds: if you have used the machine for quite some time, you are familiar with its sound when it is working normally. In fact, the sounds it makes forms part of your daily life music since it’s usually very steady. But if you keep getting stranger sounds that you’ve never heard before, there might be something wrong with your air conditioner.
- When the air conditioner starts emitting a bad odor: most times, bad smells coming from the air conditioner are a sign of dirt, mildew or mold which I must admit are quite a nuisance to anyone. The bad smell may fill up your entire home if you are not cautious about it. This is usually an indicator of something wrong in your air conditioner. It is high time for you to contact the Bradford Air & Heating Company for AC repairs.
- If your machine has short cycles: it is perfectly normal for your air conditioning to go on and off just to be able to maintain a steady temperature in your home. When the temperature goes beyond the stated limit, it may go off to maintain it and on whenever there is a huge variation from the set temperature. This shouldn’t worry you at all. However, these cycles are not meant to be short. That is why, if you notice your air conditioner keeps going on and off more than usual, there might be a problem in the cycling system of your machine. The short cycles in your machine will end up putting a lot of stress to its system which may lead to the eventual breakdown of the entire unit. This is a very good reason to call Bradford Air & Heating Company to come and check your climate control machine.
- Water leaks around your Air conditioner: most times, you may find a small condensation around your machine. This is quite normal and there is no need to get alarmed. On the other hand, excessive water condensation around the unit can be problematic. As we all know, water can result in damage to electrical appliances if not carefully handled. Therefore, if you notice excessive water, you will need to contact Bradford Air & Heating Company for HVAC repairs.
- When the air conditioner is frosty or icy: too much frost or ice is also a problem as much as excessive condensation of water is. Most of the times, frost or ice is as a result of blockage of air flow which will, in turn, cause your air conditioner to freeze up.
If you detect any of the above problems in your air conditioner, you can contact a specialist to help you out. Obviously, the only reason you have an air conditioner is for complete comfort. If by any chance you get uncomfortable because of malfunctions in your unit, you can always call Bradford Air & Heating Company for prompt and quality services.
Air Conditioning Installation
If you need a whole new HVAC system, the highly trained technicians at Bradford Air & Heating can help you choose the right size unit and install it the right way. The first scorching night that you don’t have trouble going to sleep you’ll know you made the right choice. The first day you don’t have to work with four fans pointed at your desk you’ll be glad you called. We even have financing available. Call us and we can tell you how to easily apply.
All new air conditioning systems we install are built by leading manufacturers and come with generous parts and labor warranties, so you’ll always be covered. Speak with a team member today to learn more about our offers.
Air Conditioning Preventive Maintenance
Preventive maintenance ensures that your AC stays its coldest and that you don’t pay a higher energy bill because of an inefficient system. It can also make your air conditioner last longer. We recommend preventive maintenance for all of our customers. Don’t feel pressured if it’s not in your budget, but preventive maintenance should save you money in the long run.
The best time to schedule an AC tune up is in early spring, long before you’ll need to rely on your system for daily operation. This allows plenty of time to make repairs, clean, and upgrade equipment.
Even if you don’t hire us for your AC maintenance needs, there are many ways you can help maintain your own system without our help:
- Change the filter: this is actually one of the simplest and the most effective way of maintaining your unit. You can try changing the filter at least once every month. Through this process, you will be able to reduce the immense stress on your machine. If the filter is dirty, the machine will have to work harder just to maintain its normal functions as compared to it having a clean filter. Changing the filter on a regular basis will increase the life of your unit and it’s also friendly to your budget.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your coils: the fins and coils of your unit on the outside need to be kept clear of any obstructions and absolutely clean. In some instances, debris may accumulate on your AC fins and coils. This will, in the end, cause too much stress on your unit. You can always try to clean up the machine using a broom or garden hose. Don’t use any pressure washer since it may result in the damage of your system due to the strong current. Once in a while clean-up will go a long way in maintaining the life of your air conditioner.
- Trim any surrounding shrubbery: nowadays, most people prefer planting a shrubbery just around their unit to keep it out of sight. If you do this around your unit, you can always try to create some space around your air conditioner so that it has enough room to function properly. Try trimming the shrubbery on a regular basis to maintain the space between.
- Make sure the dryer vent has been angled in a different direction away from your AC unit: the dryer lint sometimes can cause exhaustion to your air conditioner. You can try to change the angle of your dryer just to ensure that the lint doesn’t get through to your vents.
- Change the thermostat setting: if you spend most of your time away from your home. You can change the thermostat setting to a bit higher temperature during the times you won’t be at home. This will help to lessen the work time of your unit during the day and hence will increase the life of your machine. In addition, you will have a lower utility bill each month therefore, your expenses will, in turn, be reduced. Some of the latest advances in the air conditioner allow you to program your unit so that it can still get cooler every time you get home. That’s cool technology, right? You will be able to increase the life of your machine and at the same time spend less.
- Monitor your ducts: Dirty ducts can severely impact the efficiency of your system, while also drastically impacting indoor air quality. In some cases, hiring us for a duct cleaning service can actually be more effective than calling for AC maintenance.